Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Exit Card

List three things you learned, two things you found interesting and one thing you still have a question about. Comment on someone else's question.

1) I've certainly learned to be more computer literate. Now I'm pretty much ashamed of how much I didn't know before this class, so I will say that using some of this technology has been very helpful. I put together a Flickr slideshow yesterday for "Huck Finn" and it was a big hit in class and that's something I never would have done last year.

2) I've learned that collaboration is really the key to increasing success in the classroom. Just being able to sit down once a week with everyone here and talk about what's going on in the classroom is a big help. I wish I could do it more with the people in my building, but seriously, where's the time for that?

3) I've also learned that the world of blogging is more useful than I originally thought. I used to think blogging was a vapid, shallow, senseless waste of time, especially on the part of the person reading it. But now I see the value in it and with the help of Google Reader, it can be an incredibly useful tool for teachers. I really enjoy reading the blogs and wikis I'm subscribed to and at this time last year, I would have laughed at the person who did that.

4) I think that the most interesting aspect of this class is again the collaboration and communication we are sharing...I enjoy reading what people have posted and I must confess a big smile came across my face when I read Susan's post this week...thank you Susan!

5) Another interesting aspect of class has been the sense of a community beyond the walls of my school building. We are all dealing with the same problems, but the methods we use to solve them are incredibly different. I like that we come together to realize that.

6) My question all semester, as it will continue to be, is how do we practically and effectively use this time and these resources to better ourselves? How do we get our building administrators to see the value and give us the time to integrate the tools into our professional lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment